In the winter, the most practical and comfortable thing is a warm jacket, but to make it last longer, you need to take good care of it.
Here are the best steps to wash your winter jacket at home, so you can save time and money.
1. Close all zippers and buttons before putting the jacket in the washing machine. If it has fur or other attached accessories, especially on the inside, remove them if possible, and then turn the jacket inside out.
2. Wash the jacket by itself in a short cycle.
3. Use only liquid detergent to wash delicate fabrics, because powder doesn’t rinse very well and causes certain parts of the material, especially down, to stick. Don’t use conditioner, as it may leave stains.
4. Choose the lightest washing program at the lowest temperature, or even cold water if you have this option, and rinse 3-4 times.
5. When you wash your winter jacket, you must be careful not to tighten the liner. To avoid this, put some special balls or tennis balls into the washing machine to prevent the material from sticking to the walls of the washing machine.
6. Drying the jacket is just as important as washing it. When you take it out of the washing machine, turn it back out, undo the buttons and zippers, and then let it dry naturally, hanging it on a hanger out on the balcony or in an airy space. Don’t force the drying process by leaving the jacket near a heat source.
7. It may take more than a day for the jacket to dry, but to speed up the process, you can shake it from time to time.