HomeHobbyHave you been stung or bitten by a wasp, bee or mosquito?...

Have you been stung or bitten by a wasp, bee or mosquito? What to do to soothe the pain

You will not escape the summer either without a sting or a bite; nobody is as lucky as to escape mosquito attacks at a summer evening grilling.

Certain insect bites, besides being very unpleasant, can be very dangerous too. Let’s see what we need to do to ward off more serious consequences.

Mosquito bites

If someone is sensitive to mosquito bites, hives and blisters may develop. It is better not to scratch mosquito bites, because scratching will only make them itchier, and the sores may become infected and heal more slowly.

Bee and wasp stings

The stinging of some species is poisonous; besides, many people are allergic to bee and wasp stings. The swelling left after a painful sting may persist for several days.

A single sting usually doesn’t cause any particular complaints (except if a person is allergies to stings), but large amounts of bee or wasp poison may cause abdominal pain, seizures, dizziness and fainting. If these symptoms occur, be sure to call an ambulance, and don’t try to handle the situation on your own.

If you have been stung in the mouth, keep a piece of ice in your mouth until the ambulance arrives.