Chicken breast stuffed with broccoli is an easy recipe. It contains few calories, which makes it an ideal dinner.
– 500 g broccoli
– 4 chicken breasts
– 2 green onions
– grated cheese
– 2 teaspoons chopped up basil
– 2 eggs
– 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
– salt and pepper to taste
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 6 carrots for the side
– 200 g cubed white mushrooms for the side
– 1 cup milk
1. Wash the broccoli and boil it in salty water for 3 minutes. Rinse it with cold water.
2. Chop the broccoli and the onions, and mix them with the basil, the cheese, the egg yolks and the bread crumbs. Add salt and pepper.
3. Cut the chicken breasts into halves so they can be stuffed with the broccoli mixture. Fasten the breasts with toothpicks after you stuff them.
4. Soak the stuffed breasts in milk and roll them in bread crumbs, egg whites, salt, pepper, basil and any other herb you like. Oregano works well, for example.
5. Place the breasts on a buttered baking pan and broil them for about 40-45 minutes.
6. Serve the chicken with carrots, mushrooms and broccoli.