Salt is one of the best-known and most popular spices in the world. It is well known that too much salt is bad for your health, as it increases blood pressure, and may cause stroke or even bowel cancer; at the same time, a moderate quantity of salt is absolutely necessary for the body, as it regulates the fluid balance in the body, and it is needed for proper functioning of the muscles and nerves. Besides, it also promotes the absorption of nutrients in the body.
Salt is not only medically effective, but it can also be used in the household to solve a number of problems.
1. Has your iron become dirty? Pour salt onto a baking paper, turn the iron on and rub it on the salt until it becomes clean.
2. Have you just dropped a raw egg? Salt can help you to gather the mess easily. Pour salt onto the egg, and wait for a few minutes. The salt will hold the molecules of the egg together, so it will be easier to clean it up.
3. Has your frying pan caught on fire? There is no reason to panic, just quickly pour salt into the pan.
4. Have you burnt some food? It is difficult to remove food burned on the bottom of a pan. But if you pour some salt into the pot and fill it with water, in a few minutes the salt will remove the hardened layer.
5. Has your dishwashing sponge become dirty? Again, you can use salt to clean it.
6. Has your bathtub turned yellow? Mix equal amounts of salt and turpentine, dip a sponge into the mixture and scrub off the walls of the tub. The effect will be amazing! Make sure to always use gloves for this operation.
7. If you have a clogged drain, make a salt, baking soda and vinegar mixture and pour it down the drain. After a few minutes, pour in boiling water; the drain will be like new again.