Vinegar is an excellent ingredient in salads, but this is not the only way it can be made useful. We invite you to discover some interesting ways vinegar can be used.
1. Do you find that water drains too slowly from your sink? With just a little vinegar mixed with baking soda you can unclog the drain and solve the issue.
2. Removal of traces of self-adhesive stickers – it often happens that we peel off a sticker and we are left with a layer of glue. With just a little vinegar allowed to act on the stain for a few minutes, the glue can be removed easily.
3. You can get rid of odors emanating from the trash can if you place in it a slice of bread soaked in vinegar and leave it overnight.
4. Tired to buy all kinds of cleaners? Vinegar mixed with water and a few drops of dish soap makes an excellent degreaser for any surface.
5. Have fruit flies invaded you home? You can get rid of them using a simple trick. Fill a glass halfway with vinegar and cover it with plastic foil. Stab a few holes into the foil and your fruit fly trap is ready.
6. If you mix three parts water and one part vinegar, you will obtain a solution which, if sprayed on clothes, can greatly ease your ironing, as it will help smoothing out wrinkles easier.
7. Cats don’t like the smell of vinegar, so they will not sit on a couch and won’t scratch it if it has been lightly sprayed with a mixture of vinegar and water.
8. If you add a little vinegar to the water in vases, cut flowers will retain their freshness for a longer time.
9. To clean the lenses of eyeglasses, simply spray a little vinegar on them, and then wipe them with a dry towel.
10. A mixture of vinegar and water can easily clean burned food off pans. Boil the mixture in the pans for 5 minutes, and your dishes will turn as good as new.