Plastic is harmful to the environment, so it is important to reuse it. Unfortunately not all countries have a recycling system for plastic bottles. As a very positive example, in Germany the consumer pays for the water and for the bottle as well, and the bottle can be returned in stores when empty. If you are environment-conscious and want to avoid throwing plastic bottles in the garbage, you need to reuse as many as possible. In the following we will present a wonderful idea.
What you will need is plastic bottles of the same diameter, adhesive tape, plywood, upholstery and soft material for the lining.
1. Join seven bottles in a flower shape and fasten them with adhesive tape.
2. Arrange around another row of bottles and secure them too with the tape. This will be enough for a medium-sized stool.
3. Cut out two circles from plywood, making sure that they are 2–3 cm larger than the diameter of the bottles.
4. Use screws and an electric screwdriver to fasten the plywood onto the bottles, one on the top and one on the bottom.
5. Roll the bottles into lining and fasten the lining to the plywood circles with staples.
6. Place a layer of lining on the top plywood piece as well.
7. Sew the upholstery according to the size of the chair and dress up the chair.
8. Again, use the stapler to fasten the upholstery to the top plywood piece.
Your lovely and ecological stool is ready!