This recipe is a great way to make cream soup – not really a classic, but just as good.
- 1 leek
- 1 celeriac, medium size
- 2 small parsley roots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small fresh cucumber
- 40 g butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- several grains of peppercorn (red, white, green, black)
- several grains of coriander
- 1/2 tablespoons sweet red pepper
- 350 ml water
- 6 tablespoons parmesan
- 6 tablespoons 30% fat sour cream
- white flax seeds
- broccoli germs
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash the celeriac and the parsley, peel them and cube or slice them up.
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the olive oil. Sauté the celeriac and the parsley slices for 10-12 minutes.
3. Clean and slice the leek and sauté it with the other two vegetables for 5 minutes.
4. Peel and slice the cucumbers. Add them to the other vegetables.
5. Pour water in the saucepan to cover the vegetables, and let it boil for 15 minutes with the lid on.
6. In a mortar, crush the garlic, the peppercorn, the coriander and the red peppers. When you obtain a paste, add it to the vegetables.
7. When the vegetables are boiled, let them cool and then blend them along with the parmesan and the sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Leek cream soup is topped with broccoli germs and flax seeds when served. You can also sprinkle some more parmesan on top for decoration.