IF you feel it is time to detoxify your body after a period of indulgence in fatty and starchy foods, you will find the idea below very useful.
For a healthy diet, of course, you will have to replace fried meat with boiled or roasted meat; also, fruits must replace sweets, and vegetables must replace unhealthy carbohydrates. You need to drink lots of water instead of alcohol and soft drinks, and you need to walk in the park instead of sitting in front of the TV. Of course, you also have to pay attention to what you eat at your workplace or at school. It is very important to avoid hunger, but what you eat shouldn’t be some food grabbed in a fast food restaurant or from a store.
Here’s a trend that it’s worth to follow: salad in a jar. There are more and more salad-in-a-jar recipes showing up on the Net which are easy to take to the workplace and enjoy at lunchtime.
In order for the salad to remain fresh and delicious until mealtime, you need to keep several rules. Here’s how to prepare a salad properly:
What you will need
– a large jar (800 g or more) with a wide mouth
– a dressing (preferably olive oil with lemon juice or vinegar)
– your favorite ingredients (lettuce, vegetables, fruit, nuts, lean meat)
1. Wash, clean and cut up the ingredients you have chosen for your salad. Allow your imagination to work: add various types of nuts, seeds and fruit for an extra flavor and additional nutrients.
2. Prepare a dressing from olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. If you want, you may also add yogurt, mustard or herbs. Pour the dressing into the jar first.
3. The next layer should be made up of more solid vegetables such as carrots, cucumbers, beans or radishes.
4. Next, add softer and juicier vegetables such as tomatoes.
5. The following layer should be the lettuce, so it doesn’t get soaked by the dressing and doesn’t become too soft.
6. The top layer should be made up by lighter ingredients such as corn, nuts, seeds, croutons and dry fruit.
7. Close the jar tightly. At lunchtime, simply hold the jar upside down so the dressing is spread over all the ingredients. Transfer the salad to a bowl or eat it straight out of the jar. The salad will stay fresh for 3-4 days if you keep it in the fridge. Enjoy!