Besides being very tasty, pistachios are one of the healthiest nuts. They improve the health of the heart and the the circulatory system, boost metabolism, reduce cholesterol, and slow down the aging process.
Let’s take a look at some of the very positive properties of this tasty snack.
1. Because of its lutein content, it has a very strong antioxidizing effect. It prevents the deposition of fats and the development of inflammation. After a few days of consuming pistachios, the level of cholesterol in the blood will be reduced by 20%.
2. Pistachios also have a high fiber content; thus, they improve digestion as well. 10 g of pistachios provide the necessary daily amount of fibers.
3. A cup of pistachios provides 60% of the quantity of phosphorus needed daily; because of this property, pistachios can prevent type 2 diabetes as well. Phosphorus also helps proteins transform into amino acids, so this way they help the development of tolerance towards glucose.
4. Daily consumption of pistachios improve sexual vigor in men, and they improve the functioning of sexual hormones.
5. Pistachios act as a natural Botox. 5 to 10 pieces of pistachios a day can prove to be very effective in preventing wrinkles and slowing down the aging process. The large amount of vitamin E found in pistachios slows down the aging of the skin.
6. Consuming pistachios provides a sense of fullness; however, it is important to count pistachios you consume each day, as you can easily step over the allowed amount. The maximum amount of pistachios you consume daily should be no more than 1/2 cup, as eating a higher quantity may result in gaining excess weight.