Turmeric is known around the world, and it is mostly used in cooking as a seasoning. Few, however, know that turmeric is also one of the best spices to detoxify the body, and it even helps in weight loss. It stimulates liver function, balances the body temperature, reduces cholesterol and blood sugar levels, and helps the absorption of antioxidants effectively.
Turmeric also restores the blood vessels, as due to its composition it has the ability to accelerate the formation of healthy tissue.
Use turmeric in cooking on a daily basis, to improve your health. Besides, if you use the following drink as a cure, turmeric will be much more effective. Use fresh or powdered turmeric instead of curcuma capsules.
The benefits of turmeric
- The active substance in turmeric is curcumin, a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
- It strengthens memory, and the production of new neurons in the brain
- Studies have shown that curcumin helps reduce the risk of heart disease
- Due to its curcumin content, it reduces the risk of developing cancer
- It relieves the symptoms of depression
- It has a cell renewing and rejuvenating effect
- It improves skin health
- It promotes healthy liver function
- It regulates blood sugar
- It strengthens the immune system
- It prevents weight gain
How to prepare and consume curcuma water
- 1 level teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup water
- A very small pinch of black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a glass, stir well and drink it before breakfast. This drink can be used anytime during the day, if you feel that you need to recharge your body.