This hair mask can be made at home in about 10 minutes, and it has an excellent effect on dry hair.
2 tablespoons flax seeds
200 ml distilled water
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 whole egg
1. Boil up 2 tablespoons of flax seeds in 200 ml water. Strain it when the water becomes jelly-like.
2. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil. When the mixture cools down, add an egg.
3. Beat the mixture well and spread it onto your hair, making sure that it reaches your scalp.
4. Put on a plastic shower cap and wrap your head in a towel.
5. After an hour, wash out the mixture from your hair. Don’t use hot water to rinse out the mixture, as the egg will cook into your hair.
You don’t need to shampoo your hair as the egg has already had a cleaning effect. You don’t need a conditioner, a lemon rinse or a serum either.
The amount above is enough even if you have long hair. If you have rough feeling, broken, dry hair, the mask will make it easy to comb, shiny and soft, and it won’t make your hair feel heavy or sticky. You can add your favorite essential oil to the mixture.
You can use up the leftover flax seeds in bread, muesli or even in a body scrub.