Lime flowers are blooming at this time of the year, so now you have the chance to collect and dry them, and use them to make tea with multiple benefits. Lime tree flowers are included in the list of medicinal plants along with the lime tree leaves, sap and bark. Nowadays, the flowers are the most widely used.
A cup of lime flower tea, with or without honey, does a miracle in treating cold, headaches, cramps and colic. Its antispasmodic effects are acknowledged and very intense. These are the main reasons why you should drink lime flower tea, but there exist much more uses in preventing and treating various diseases.
A cup of lime flower tea is the best medicine in states of anxiety, nervousness, increased arterial tension and insomnia. Lime flower tea is also recommended for periods of chronic fatigue, because it eliminates stress and spasms, and it induces a deep and restful sleep without any side effects on the nervous system. Lime flower tea is excellent in calming down hyperactive or anxious children.
Make a concentrated lime flower tea and add it to your bathwater to have a sweet smelling and relaxing bath. It is very important, though, that you don’t make lime flower tea too concentrated when you intend to drink it, as it doesn’t taste good and it positive effects are diminished. For a cup of tea, you need only as many flowers as you can pinch with three fingers. Also, you have to make an infusion using less than 100 degree water. Strain the flowers after 5 minutes to stop the release of active substances into the water.
Less known uses for lime flowers
- Drink a cup of lime flower tea if you suffer from the inflammation of the gall bladder. The pain will subside fast. However, never drink more than three cups a day. Lime flower tea is useful in the treatment and prevention of atherosclerosis, because it maintains the fluidity of the blood.
- Lime flowers stimulate the immune system, so they can be used in cases of cold and the flu.
- Lime flower tea is an excellent remedy for arterial hypertension.
- Lime flower tea may calm nausea and vomiting as well as intestinal cramps.
- Lime flower tea, consumed daily, with no more than two cups, is an effective antidepressant.
- Consumed every day, lime flower tea prevents diabetes.
- Lime flower tea helps regenerating the skin; it reduces inflammations and is an excellent remedy for swollen eyes.
- Lime flower tea is a great detoxifier.
- Lime flower tea is not recommended to persons suffering from diseases of the heart, and those who have an oscillating tension, as well as to persons suffering from epilepsy.