Simply and without much hassle, you can make your own shampoo that can save you from many of the problems faced daily with hair. See what ingredients you need!
There are several versions of homemade shampoo you can make to avoid the ones commercially available. A solution that has withstood the test is Aleppo soap, but there is a great version of liquid shampoo you can prepared at home.
You will need a few ingredients, which will make more than 1.5 liters of shampoo. All these ingredients can be bought in online stores and they don’t cost much for the amount of shampoo you will obtain.
Ingredients you will need:
- 100 ml mild soap base
- 100 ml boiled and cooled water
- 1 tablespoon moisturizing surfactant
- 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil, cold pressed
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, cold pressed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon argan oil, cold pressed (optional)
- 10 drops of green tea extract (optional)
- 8 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 10 drops geranium or lavender essential oil
The method of preparation is extremely simple: just combine the ingredients and your shampoo is ready. First boil and cool the water, then combine it with the soap base and the hydrating surfactants. Finally, mix in the oils.
Although during washing your hair you may have the impression that your hair is tangled, this feeling disappears after rinsing. Your hair remains hydrated without being very soft and fluffy (which is good for thin hair) and it will smell nicely of essential oils. You will be very pleased with the results.