There is a tranquility and peace in the early morning with totally very quiet can be found at any other time of the day.
Between the hours of 5 am and 6 am there is a calm atmosphere that, if taken advantage of, can really change your life.
Only a year ago I had huge dilemmas, as I was not too sure what career path to follow. During this difficult period of my life I felt a calling that prompted me to wake up early in the morning and meditate in order to find clarity about what I should do next.
Every morning I would wake up at 5:30 am, wrap myself in a blanket and withdraw to my meditation space. Some mornings were very productive, but in other mornings I simply found that spending time in silence just didn’t work, so I decided to create my own morning ritual.
After just a few weeks of following these rituals every morning for about 30 minutes a day, I started to gain the clarity I needed, and was able to get clear messages on my goal. I also felt more inspired and confident throughout the day.
Whether you are looking for a relationship or to fulfill a personal goal, the adoption of these five morning rituals can change your life in a profound way.
Here are five morning rituals that will help you fulfill your destiny and transform your life:
#1. Wake up in the morning
Wake up even before the sun shows its first rays; this is the perfect time to start the ritual. If you can manage, wake up even earlier, between 5 am and 6 am.
The time interval you choose to practice these rituals is important, because the energy in the early morning hours is said to stimulate the creative flow, harmony and peace. All these factors will help you achieve your goals and eliminate any disturbance that would prevent you seeing things more clearly.
When the world is quiet and calm, there are also fewer sounds and situations that distract you, which would also hinder the effectiveness of activities. Believe me – once you see how much fun and how amazing meditation can be in the morning, waking up in a bit earlier will no longer seem so difficult!
Don’t worry if the thought of sitting in the lotus position is not very appealing to you; there are other ways you can meditate. While some mornings you feel it is time to sit in silence, in other mornings you might feel the need to do a guided or dynamic meditation.
There are plenty of free tutoring YouTube channels. Some of my favorite meditation instructors are Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer and Abraham Hicks.
You can sit in the lotus position, lie on your back, or sit supporting your back against a wall or a pillow. Surely you don’t want to go back to sleep, but physical comfort is certainly an important element during the meditation sessions.
If you’re beginning with a meditation session, you can start with 5-10 minutes each morning. The long term aim should be to meditate at least 15-20 minutes each morning. However, in some mornings you’ll be able to meditate more, while in others you will be able to concentrate for a shorter time.
#3. Write your feelings and thoughts in a journal
After you finish the meditation session, it’s time to write down your thoughts and feelings in a journal. I like to write everything that goes through my mind. However, you can also try these techniques:
- Write a letter to your younger self, a friend, a parent or a partner; virtually anyone you would like to send a message to, but can’t for whatever reason.
- Turn to spiritual guides and ask them to send you divine inspiration or guidance regarding a specific problem that bothers you.
- Make a list of all the things you’re thankful for and one with all the things you want to change, along with the ways in which you can manage to do the change.
- Write down your worries, tensions and anxieties, and then visualize all data written; trust that God will take care of them!
- Create positive affirmations for the new day.
- Write poems, abstract thoughts or any ideas that come through your mind.
- As you can see, there are many ways that you can express yourself in this part of the ritual. It is important that you record all your negative thoughts too on paper and cast them away, so they won’t affect you during the day.
- Try to practice this ritual every morning for at least 10 minutes. Also, try to first write down your thoughts in a journal and then meditate, if this approach works best for you.
#4. Choose your daily affirmation
You may formulate your own affirmations, or you can be inspired by a particular favorite quote. Meditate on the remarks or the quotation for a few minutes. You can even write them down on a paper and stick the paper it on your desk or on the dashboard, to read it several times that day.
Recitation statements contribute to raising the vibration and put you in a much more positive mood for the day.
#5. Breathing and stretching exercises
Stretching exercises are a great way to start your blood flowing in the morning. Just five minutes of such exercises can make a huge difference in how the day will go ahead.
If you’re familiar with yoga, there are certain items you know that can help in this regard. Remember to breathe deeply during these exercises.
Once you become familiar with this routine, you can begin to modify it to suit your own needs and lifestyle. Either way, one thing is certain: the adoption of these rituals can change your life!