The benefits of black radishes are well known, but not too many people have heard about the remarkable qualities of Daikon, a large radish originating from Asia. Japanese white radishes can be found in stores that sell Asian products. In a recently published article, the online magazine juicing-for-health.com discusses the benefits of Daikon radishes as well as of the juice made of these radishes.
Japanese white radishes are rich in vitamins C and B, which are known for their sedative and anti-inflammatory effects. The radishes are an excellent source of potassium, calcium, copper, sulphur, phosphorus and fibres as well, and they are low in calories and lack fats and cholesterol.
Japanese white radishes are also rich in antioxidants, and they have been used for centuries for their sedative and blood toxin eliminating properties.
Japanese white radish leaves contain 6 times more vitamin C than the roots, and they are an excellent source of calcium.
The benefits of Daikon radish juice
- Radish juice is an efficient remedy against acne, which can be used directly on the skin. Moreover, if consumed regularly due to its detoxifying and cleansing effects, radish juice can prevent the appearance of pimples.
- Japanese white radish juice can be used as a remedy for indigestion. Radish juice is considered a good liver protector that facilitates gall fluid production and its release from the gall bladder during the digestion of fats. As a consequence, radish juice facilitates the digestion of fats and it prevents gall bladder lithiasis.
- Radish juice can be used before meals to give a better appetite in patients who suffered a loss of appetite as a result of some illness.
- Radish juice is recommended to treat liver diseases. A glass of juice before meals can have a beneficial effect to the digestive and detoxifying functions of the liver. White radishes contain a high enough quantity of sulfur to help maintain the optimal concentration of gall fluid. Therefore, white radish juice helps digesting fats efficiently, and ensures the health of the liver.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral effects, radish juice is efficient ameliorating respiratory illnesses, including cold, cough, flu, asthma and bronchitis, as well as the diseases of the lungs.
- Radish juice is an efficient remedy against insomnia. The sedative effects of these roots have been known since the antiquity: even Greeks and Romans used white radish to help sleep. Drink a glass of juice jut before going to bed as an incredible remedy against sleeplessness.
- Radish juice is a good diuretic and laxative. Because it contains potassium, white radish juice can be used as a natural laxative. It also has a detoxifying effect, as it removes toxins accumulated in the body through the kidneys and the bowels.